Monday 8 September 2014

Thoughts in Trainers...


Well.....I ran today. For the first time in a long, long, long time. I fear the last time I used the trusty trainers was when I put on a bunny suit and plodded round Clapham Common looking like a delusion guest at a terrible fancy dress party....not sure I felt any less ashamed today. At least I was moving at some sort of pace in the synthetic fur. Today was just slow, slow, slow, slow....but I didn't hate it. I may have even enjoyed it. Sort of. Not the physical aspect so much as the mental. The chance to just let my mind wander and daydream. And what did I think about? Actually, I don't remember exactly. But I do know I thought about writing. And how much I love writing. As much as I love running (well, when I am in shape, that is). And so I am going to keep typing away on the blog. About running. And anything else that pops into my overactive brain.

But I won't ask for money. Fundraising is over.

I should probably re-name the blog "Thoughts in Trainers".

I wonder if I will ache tomorrow.

I am now officially on the wrong side of 40.  Depressing.

My next race is in a gorilla suit. Clearly age hasn't dimished my capacity for self-inflicted humiliation.

On the plus side, no one will be able to see that it is me glumping along at snail speed.






No comments:

Post a Comment